The society was registered as Talagang House Building Society Ltd on 23-5-1949 with address at 22-A, Connaught Place, New Delhi. The purpose was to get housing plots from the Ministry of Rehabilitation, Govt of India to the displaced persons from West Pakistan. The Government of India, however, dropped all schemes designed to give land, building material, loan etc. to cooperative house building socities and hence the society remained on paper only. Later, as per government orders, the name of the society was changed to Talagang Co-operative Group Housing Society Ltd. with address at 35/1-H Block, Connaught Circus, New Delhi.